Monday, July 12, 2010

shaggy ink caps

Nothing "crafty" in this post - unless of course I draw inspiration for a new beanie design called the shaggy ink cap ;p lol! I found these mushrooms (toadstools???) in the lawn this this morning. Last winter several of them appeared overnight out of nowhere. I did a bit of research to find out what they are and apparently they're called "Shaggy Ink Caps". They are also supposedly edible when young and still white. I'm not brave enough to eat them though! They end up opening and turning black - obviously where the "ink" part comes from. You can't really tell from the photos, but they are quite big - about 15-20cm tall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...
This makes my mouth wather. These are my favorite, a delicacy... Frie them i butter and some (little) garlic. OMG youré up for a treat!

Sofia from Sweden